You can study psychology almost anywhere in Australia! Most universities have an accredited program of study in psychology, and some offer this with a distance or online learning option.
In Queensland, you can study with:
- Griffith University in the School of Applied Psychology
- Central Queensland University
- James Cook University
- Queensland University of Technology
- Sunshine Coast University
- The University of Queensland
- The Australian Catholic University
Australian Psychological Society
The Australian Psychological Society is the leading organisation for psychologists in Australia. It supports students in understanding the discipline and profession of psychology, and has a variety of career preparation and study resources. While studying psychology in an accredited program, you are eligible for student membership.
AHPRA –Psychology Board of Australia
To practice as a psychologist in Australia, you must be registered with the Psychology Board of Australia. The functions of the Psychology Board of Australia include:
- registeringpsychologists and provisional psychologists.
- developingstandards, codes and guidelines for the psychology profession.
- handlingnotifications, complaints, investigations and disciplinary hearings.
- assessingoverseas trained practitioners who wish to practise in Australia.
- approvingaccreditation standards and accredited courses of study.
You can find out about how to become registered, as well as how the Board works at the Board’s website.
Graduate Careers Australia
Graduate Careers Australia (GCA) is the leading authority on graduate employment issues in Australia, and their website provides a wide range of resources on employment and career opportunities for graduates, for example, about industry and salary trends, graduate employment opportunities and career development.