Graduate and Internship positions are professional roles designed specifically for new or recent graduates from specialised and generalist degrees. Positions are typically offered by government departments and large organisations. Graduate roles commence after completing the final year of study; most programs will require the applicant to have completed their degree within the last two years to be eligible.
- Attorney-General; AFP, ASIO.
- Defence; Veteran affairs.
- Immigration and Border Protection.
- Prime Minister & Cabinet.
- Social Services.
- Treasury; RBA,ABS,ASIC.
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander & Multicultural Affairs.
- Communities, Child Safety & Disability Services*.
- Education, Training & Employment.
- Justice & Attorney-General.
- Ernst &Young.
- Commonwealth Bank.
- Health Hygiene Home.
- National Australia Bank.
- Procter & Gamble.
- Macquarie Group.
- Kraft Foods.
- Pulse Recruitment.
- Unilever Australia Limited.
- Woolworths Limited.
Mandatory Requirements for Australian Government Graduate Programs
- Be an Australian Citizen.
- Willing to relocate if required, (e.g., Canberra).
- Completed a minimum of an Australian recognised Bachelor Degree in the last 3 years.
- Successful candidates will progress to stage two of the assessment process: Assessment Centre Stage.
Australian Security and Intelligence Organisation
- Assessed as suitable to hold and maintain a Positive Vetting security clearance.
Australian Federal Police
- Employment Suitability Questionnaire.
- Current driving history.
- Online Cognitive Assessments.
- If accepted: Security clearance; Fingerprinting; Drug testing; Medical Clearance.
- Meet security clearance requirements.
- Applicants for the some pathways require a Credit average for their relevant degree.
- Undergo a medical clearance by a Commonwealth Medical Officer.
- To work in some areas of Defence, it is necessary to complete a Psychological Assessment.
Immigration and Border Protection
- Required to obtain and hold a security clearance, and an Employee Security Assessment.
Prime Minister & Cabinet
- Maintained a credit (or equivalent) average throughout the degree;
- Be able to obtain a security clearance.
- Undergo identification, health, character and security checks.
Reserve Bank of Australia
- Honours and higher degrees, and double degrees, are highly valued.
Australian Bureau of Statistics
- Maintained a credit (or equivalent) average especially in your final year of university study.
Australian Securities and Investment Commission
- Complete an online psychometric assessment
Mandatory Requirements for State Government Graduate Programs (QLD)
- Completed their qualifications during the two years immediately prior to applying for this program.
- Prepared to present academic credentials or transcripts.
- Australian citizens or hold New Zealand citizenship with a special category visa or permanent residency.
Department of Communities, Child Safety & Disability Services
- Some graduate allied health professional positions require a minimum four years full-time or equivalent degree (e.g. Psychology with Honours).
Mandatory Requirements for Private Sector Graduate Programs
- Australian citizens and permanent residents only (New Zealand citizens also considered).
- Some Graduate Programs accept International Candidates (check Eligibility Criteria).
- Maintained a credit (or equivalent) average throughout the degree.